Thursday 28 June 2018

BELLY BOX-JUNE 2018



It always feels good to know that the sweets and savouries that you’ve been wolfing down do not contain preservatives, that the use of artificial colours and flavours are to a minimum and that the baker prefers using healthier ingredients. And this is what Belly Box has to offer. Also, the goodies do not have the ‘store-bought’ taste and aren’t too sweet. 

The “bourbon” biscuit didn’t come that way! I couldn’t help sneaking in a bite before clicking the pictures. The box was delivered when I was away at work. I reached home only by 11pm. I showed the box to Sky and told him he couldn’t eat it until I clicked pictures. I found time to click pictures the next afternoon, by which time Sky and I were drooling.  Items for immediate consumption were identified, portions were marked. Skip (our 6 year old) wasn’t at home so we had a serious discussion on whether we need to give him his share.  Our parental instinct took over and we divided all the goodies by three.

This month’s box had the following items.

1.      CHOCOLATE SANDWICH FINGERS



These bourbon-esque biscuits had chocolate cream sandwiched between two bars of rich cocoa biscuits, with sugar sprinkled on them. How were they different from Bourbon? Well, for starters, they were bigger. The biscuits tasted richer (more dark chocolaty than regular) with lesser cream. I didn’t think Skip would like them but he did. So did we!

2.      BLONDE BRUNETTES



Aah! I hadn’t realised they were made with wheat flour until I read the description again now. I love the Belly Box brownies. They are always chewy and fudgy. This was a combination of chocolaty brownie with chewy butterscotch blondie. One went into Skip’s school snack box.

3.      LEMON CURD TARTLETS



I love tarts especially the tangy lemon ones. The crust is whole wheat and the lemon curd was just perfect. It was silky smooth (and thankfully without curdled bits) and with just the right amount of 'lemony' in it.

4.      MANGO TEA CAKE WITH PISTACHIO CRUMB



Since it’s a multigrain cake, it’s crumbly and not moist and spongy. The bits of mango add a touch of sweetness to this otherwise plain cake and the layer of pistachio crumb on top makes the cake look pretty. Yes, it’s a pretty cake. I only wished the pistachio crumb were crunchy.

5.      CHEESY GARLIC BREADSTICKS


I love garlic breadsticks. While the texture of the breadsticks was fine, I was hoping for a  stronger flavour of garlic in it.

This month's box had an assortment of chocolaty, chewy, lemony, crumbly and garlicky goodies. 

My favourites were the lemon tarts and the blonde brunettes.

Look what I found in my garden today! 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...