Friday 16 April 2021

ALMOND COOKIES

 


ALMOND COOKIES

15.04.2021: R, my cook, is not keeping well and my breakfast on such days is usually bread. While, Skip, ALWAYS has bread with peanut butter, Sky and I try out different stuffing. Today we had cucumber sandwiches and cold boiled egg sandwiches.

For the cucumber sandwich, slather home-made butter on both slices of bread. Cut the cucumber into thin slices, place it on the buttered slice of bread, sprinkle some salt and pepper. I like to add tomatoes too but I didn’t have any at home. Big Basket has been acting up as covid cases are on the rise. Folks, you do not need twenty sachets of yeast and do leave some Haldiram packets for me!!!!

I was excited for Skip and Sky to try out the cucumber sandwiches as these were my favourite sandwiches in my childhood.

Sky may have loved it, I wouldn’t know. Just as he took his first bite, he received a call from his client and my raised, hopping eyebrows and elaborate hand gestures enquiring after the taste went unanswered.

I didn’t make the egg sandwich for Skip as he is not very experimental with his food but I wanted him to try the cucumber sandwiches. As I was making his sandwich, he kept staring at the slices of cucumber being placed on the bread and he didn’t look pleased.

This wasn’t going well.

K: Did you know these were my favourite sandwiches when I was in the 4th Standard.

S (in a deadpan voice): Well, then why am I being made to eat it?

He rated them 3/5.



Today’s recipe is Almond Cookies.

For more such recipes, you may follow me on Facebook and Instagram @lucidlucent. Thank you.



ALMOND COOKIES (makes around 15 cookies)

Unsalted Butter (at room temperature) – 50 gms

Powdered Sugar – 50 gms

Refined Flour (Maida) – 75 gms

Baking Soda – ¼ tsp

Salt – ¼  tsp

Chopped Almonds – 40 gms (this is just a random number, I don’t remember how much I added, probably just chucked a handful of them)

 

Method:

 

1.      Mix butter and sugar well.

2.    Sieve flour, salt and baking soda and add to the butter mixture.

3.   Add the chopped almonds and mix them to make the cookie dough.

3.      Make walnut sized balls.

4.      Bake at 160C for 10-15 mins.

5.      Done.

 

Recipe Notes:

·       The oven’s temperature and timing would vary as per your oven’s specifications.

·       You’ll know the cookies are done when they have puffed up and browned a bit. The cookies will be soft even when done and will harden upon cooling.

·       If you feel the dough is too soft to be shaped into a ball, you can add some more flour or you could also refrigerate the dough for half an hour until it hardens.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks easy to make and must be delicious

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...