Sunday 27 December 2020

INSTANT CASHEW COCONUT DOSA


I still don’t know to make the regular Dosa, the one that needs to be soaked, ground and fermented overnight. So, I am constantly on the lookout for instant Dosa recipes and S has an abundant collection of these.





When S sent me the Cashew Coconut Dosa recipe, I knew I’d be making this one for sure. I’d never had Dosa that had coconut in its batter and most definitely not cashews. I have never been more excited about eating any other Dosa.


All recipes that go up on my blog are made by me. I didn’t have time to prepare the batter for this one as I have a tight schedule in the mornings on weekdays. Radha had prepared the batter and as I entered the kitchen and turned on the flame to heat the pan, I couldn’t wait to taste this one. If I were a puppy, I’d have wagged my tail off in excitement.


Speaking of puppies, ain’t they cutest!


Look how crispy these are!




These are crispy Dosas that melt in your mouth. It has a wonderfully, mild coconut flavour, I probably didn’t add enough cashews to taste their rich creaminess. I had the Dosas with chutney and honey. The ones with honey tasted like crunchy, coconut crepes. 


These Dosas are instant, perfect for those days when you run out of breakfast ideas.


I also have the recipe for Instant Watermelon Dosa on my blog. Go check that out.

 


INSTANT CASHEW COCONUT DOSA


Ingredients:

Upma rawa (semolina) (roasted) – 1 cup

Rice flour (roasted) – 1 cup

Freshly grated coconut – ¾ cup

Cashew nuts – ¼ cup

Salt – to taste

For the seasoning:

Oil – 8 tbsp

Green chilli (finely chopped) – 2

Mustard seeds – 1 tsp

Jeera (cumin) – 1 tsp

Curry leaves (finely chopped)- A sprig ( or two)

 

Method:

 

1.     Blend the coconut and cashew into a fine paste.

2.     Add this paste to the  rawa and rice flour.

3.     Sauté the seasoning ingredients in oil and add to the above mixture.

4.     Add enough water to soak the above mixture and set aside for an hour.

5.   When you pour the dosas, add more water ( batter should be of neer dosa/rawa dosa consistency).

6.     Cook on both sides.

7.     Done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Instant dosas are a hit. This one seems deliciously different.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...