Tuesday 20 October 2020

EGGLESS WHITE CHOCOLATE BLONDIE

 


11.10.2020: I have never liked white chocolate. Even as a child when I was of the age when anything sugary that had the word chocolate in it was a source of immense pleasure, I stayed away from Milkybar (give me the power!).

I accidently bought a bar of white chocolate instead of dark chocolate. When I enter a departmental store, I’m like a kid in a candy store. I love walking up and down the aisles, checking out all the jams and sauces and preservatives and snacks and biscuits and during this period, I oft confuse brands and products and realise my mistake only after I return home.

The bar was lying in the fridge, having used only a quarter of it for decorating desserts. I decided to make Blondies with it. I was always under the impression that a Brownie with white chocolate was called a Blondie, I have however come across recipes for Blondies with ‘brown’ chocolate too. If someone would like to clarify this, please drop a comment in the comment section below.

This recipe is adapted from ‘From Noopur’s Kitchen’ and its eggless !



I have always loved chewy desserts. I may have over baked the Blondie by 5 minutes and its edges got a bit crunchy but then I love crunchy edges. The white chocolate lends a wonderful flavour and the walnuts a lovely crunch. If you are planning to store this in the fridge, please let it come to room temperature before you eat it. Let the Blondie cool completely before you cut it into squares else it will crumble.



EGGLESS WHITE CHOCOLATE BLONDIE

Ingredients:

All purpose flour (Maida) – 120 gms ( 1 cup plus 2 tbsps)

Cornflour – about 25 gms (2.5 tbsp)

Butter -  56 gms ( ¼ cups)

Light brown sugar – 4 tbsp

Condensed milk – 150 ml

Baking powder – 1 tsp

Baking soda – ½ tsp

Vanilla essence – 1 tsp

Milk -1/2 cup

Vinegar – 1 tbsp

White chocolate chips/chunks – 75 gms

Walnuts (chopped) – about 20

Caramel sauce (optional)

Sea salt (optional)


Method:

1.     Preheat the oven to 180C and grease an 8-inch baking dish.

2.     Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.

3.    Sieve the dry ingredients ( flour, cornflour, baking powder, baking soda) at least 5 times.

4.   Chop the white chocolate and walnut and add about 2 tbsps of the above flour mixture to this, mix well and set aside.

5.   To the melted and cooled butter, add condensed milk and mix it well. To this add milk, vanilla extract and vinegar. Add the brown sugar and milk well.

6.   Add the dry ingredients( from Step 3) to the wet and mix until there are no lumps. Do not overmix.

7.     Add the chocolate and walnuts from Step 4.

8.   Pour into the greased tin. You may also scatter some white chocolate on top or drizzle caramel sauce on the batter and sprinkle a little sea salt.

9.     Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.

10. Done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...