Saturday 28 November 2020

ONE BOWL BANANA BREAD



Yes! Third post on Banana bread. The first was a Banana Walnut Cake, the second an Eggless, Whole Wheat one and now this. I think I’d pick this recipe over the first Banana Walnut Cake. The whole wheat one besides being eggless, also has a nutty flavour imparted by the whole wheat and the walnut streusel topping,  hence cannot be compared to this recipe.



While I do love a slice (or three) of Banana Bread, I avoid repeating recipes since I need to have new ones for the blog. Why, then, so many Banana Bread recipes, you may wonder?

The Bananas at my place ripen overnight (!) and the minute brown spots appear on them, Skip and Sky turn their nose up and walk away in spite of my frequent lectures on spotted bananas being heathier. I had 5 overripe bananas lying in the fridge. I came across a new recipe from Food Network Canada shared on Facebook and decided to try it (There is only so much mashed banana that one can use as hair mask).



Such a feeling of joy when you come across a great recipe. Skip declared this to be the best banana cake I’ve baked and I agree. It is moist and so flavourful. I love adding walnuts to banana breads, you could add chocolate too.



BANANA BREAD


Ingredients:

Ripe Bananas  - 3 (large)

Unsalted butter – 6 tbsp

Granulated sugar – ½ cup

Light brown sugar – ½ cup

Egg - 1

Vanilla essence – 1 tsp

All purpose flour(maida)  – 1 ½ cups

Baking soda- 1 tsp

Salt – a pinch

Walnuts/chocolate chips – 1 cup (optional)

 

Method:

 

1.     Preheat oven at 180C. Grease and flour a baking dish.

2.     Melt the butter and set aside.

3.     Hand mash the bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter to it and mix well.

4.     Add the sugars and mix well.

5.     Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.

6.    Sift the all purpose flour, soda and salt and add to the mixing bowl above. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently blend all the ingredients together.

7.     Add the walnuts or chocolate chips and mix it gently.

8.     Bake at 180C for about 45-50 minutes.

9.     Done.

 

Recipe Notes:

·       I used granulated brown sugar instead of light brown.

·       I added walnuts because they taste great with banana bread.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. The color of the bread and the presentation..is just yummilicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing recipe.. Thanks sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...