Friday 8 June 2018

GLAMEGO - JUNE 2018



This time GlamEgo robbed me of the joy of anticipation by revealing each product by way of a guessing game on the 31st of May! Given the trend of my boxes arriving late I had given up on expecting them soon. Yet suddenly on 7th, I got a text early in the morning telling me that my box would be arriving! Oh the joy! Of course I had to tell Lulu about it but she of course probably just rolled her eyes when I was telling her. (She most definitely did!)


Without much ado we now present you the June 2018 box. The box has a lady with a purple odni covering her head blowing a bubble gum and the tag line reads – “I’m not regular sthri.” As seen in the picture.



The products for this month:

Vért Solid Perfume

This handmade perfume is called “Love Potion” and has cocoa butter, almond oil, bees wax and fragrance oil/essential oil and is alcohol and preservative free. The directions further specify that the perfume needs to be stored at or below 25℃ in a dry place and ought to be consumed within 6 months from the date of opening the product.

I am not particularly a fan of solid perfumes and I asked my mom if she’d like to try it and she nodded her head. As soon as the box came I handed her the perfume.

Amma tried a bit of it on her wrist. It smelt really strong and it smelt of jasmine but really strong. The aroma doesn’t wrap the person the way body mists and perfumes do but when you pass by the person you get a mellow whiff.
Amma says this is one instance where ‘little is a lot’.


SESA Hair Oil

“SESA is a rare combination of 18 herbs, 5 nourishing oils and milk processed with ancient “Kshirpak Vidhi” which helps to remove infection and gives nourishment to scalp and roots.”

I am a little bit of a paranoid ninny. When I picked this product up, the first thing I noticed was “Caution – To be used under medical supervision”. I am used to using the hair oil my mum prepares with a ton of healthy ingredients so I have never ventured out of my comfort zone where hair oil is concerned. That’s why I am a little hesitant in using the product. We’ll of course post a product review in due course.

Aroma Magic Coffee Bean Scrub
            
What caught my attention with this scrub were its ingredients listed at the back – green coffee bean extract, honey and organic coffee Arabica powder. The reason why it caught my eye is because almost all my friends have switched to drinking green coffee! This apparently is a healthier version of coffee.

I am currently using the Aroma Magic – White Tea & Chamomile face wash and am loving it. I love face scrubs too and tend to use them twice a week. I like scrubs that aren’t too harsh and prefer mild smelling scrubs. This scrub has a faint coffee aroma and is not too overpowering and that is a huge plus!

Bella Voste Lip Contour Set (We get to pick a shade of our choice.)


This lip contouring set has two things:
1. A lip liner and
2. A lipstick.
I have never used a lip liner before and this was my first time trying it and all I can say is that it outlines my lips but that’s about it. It reminded me of my childhood where we used the dark colour to outline the details while we coloured the insides with a lighter colour.


I chose the shade Victorian Rose and Lulu chose Planetary Plume. I don’t know why it looks light in the picture but it looks really dark on my lips. I love the shade as it suits my skin tone and I love how people stare at my face :P

I am looking forward to enjoying the lipstick and scrub and we’ll probably do another review on bella voste lip products soon!

Also check our previous Glamego Box reviews 👉 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...