Monday 11 June 2018

OREO CAKE IN MICROWAVE(EGGLESS, FATLESS, FLOURLESS)




Here is another reader requested post. AD requested for a cake that could be baked in the microwave. Besides the Mug Cake, I bake my cakes and cookies in the convection oven.  I scoured the net and found a lot of microwavable bakes and then I remembered Bob had sent me a recipe of an Oreo Cake long back and I was yet to try that. Here’s a recipe that’s tried and tested by both Bob and Lulu!


Here’s what you need to know about this cake:

It has only FOUR INGREDIENTS
It’s EGGLESS
It’s FATLESS (No butter or oil)
It’s FLOURLESS
Preparation time – 10 MINUTES



Cake connoisseurs; do not stick your nose up in the air.

Yes, this cake is not as light and airy as convection baked cake. (Also, remember this is eggless, fatless and flourless).  I personally still prefer convection baked cakes and felt that I couldn’t do justice to this review of a microwave baked cake. So I fed it to the people around me and asked for their opinion.

Domestic help: “If I hadn’t had your other cakes to compare this one to, I’d say this is good”.
Sky:  (after explaining to him at length, the difference in taste that he could expect as this was not baked in a convection oven) “uh huhn, can you get me another slice please?
Skip: “it is very, very yummy. It tastes like Brownie, but I know it’s not Brownie. I’m having another 3 slices”.

Everybody seemed to like the cake!


 I would really recommend that you all make this cake at least once. Imagine powdered Oreos turning into a spongy cake! You might even like it. You could top it with a Chocolate Ganache and crushed Oreos. I’ve kept the cake simple because I wanted to taste it plain.

This cake is definitely worth a try. It takes up only 10 minutes of your time and you end up with a cake that “tastes like a Brownie but is not a Brownie”! Follow our blog and you may see us posting more cakes baked in microwaves and probably a pressure cooker cake too!!!


OREO CAKE (EGGLESS, FATLESS, FLOURLESS)

Ingredients:

Oreos - 20
Powdered Sugar – 2 tbsp
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Milk (at room temperature) – 1 cup

Method:

1.      Crush the Oreos and then blend them on high until they are finely powdered (40-50 seconds).
2.      Add the sugar, baking powder and milk and blend on medium for 20-30 seconds. (The batter will be watery).
3.      Pour into a microwave safe, greased bowl.
4.      Bake on high for 5- 10 minutes or until done.
5.      Flip onto a plate once it cools down.
6.      Done

Recipe notes:

·        Do not reduce the quantity of the sugar. I added slightly less, thinking the Oreos would be sweet enough. (They aren’t!)
·        The cake was done (chopstick inserted came out clean) in 5 minutes itself.
·        I would recommend topping the cake with chocolate ganache.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very delighted for ur kind consideration yet again. Wiating to try this cake... Thanks a ton.�� Sd/-AD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...