Tuesday 12 June 2018

Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte SPF 40 PA +++ Compact



In the morning, after cleansing (Soulflower Anti-Acne Sulphur Soap) and toning (The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner), I skip moisturising and directly apply the sunscreen. I tried layering sunscreen over a moisturiser but that didn’t suit me and my skin broke out. As I have greasy skin, I use lightweight sunscreens and currently I’m on my second tube of the Inveda Sunscreen Cream Gel. I also use the Olay Total Effect cream (with SPF 15) and keep alternating between the two creams .


However, no matter how light the sunscreen is, my face begins to turn oily within an hour of application. So, I decided to use a compact on the sunscreen. A Dermatologist had recommended using a compact in the mornings, before stepping out of the house. She said the powder would form a protective layer and prevent the pores from getting clogged.

As I was looking at the wide array of compacts on Nykaa to choose from, the Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte SPF 40 PA +++ Compact caught my eye. A compact with SPF? Hmm...




Price - Rs.  210/-
Quantity: 7 gm
Shade: Universal
SPF- 40
Directions for use: Blend it on cleansed and hydrated skin, 20 minutes before sun exposure
Claims: non sticky, protection of a sunscreen in a compact, forms a high coverage layer that blocks sun’s harmful rays, SPF 40 shields from UVB rays that cause sunburn, PA +++ shields from UVA rays that cause dark spots, premature aging and skin darkening.

I don’t use this on a daily basis but when I do, I either apply it on a liquid sunscreen or on a BB cream. I use a blush brush to apply this as I don’t like using the compact sponge.


What I like: Economical
A compact with a sunscreen – does a 2-in-1 job of sun protection and acts as a setting powder.
It’s easy to reapply unlike a cream or gel that I’m not comfortable with reapplying on my face without washing it first.
Mattifies my face and reduces the oily shine.
One can avoid greasy sunscreens and use this product by itself.
When used on a BB cream, gives very slight coverage. (Doesn’t cover blemishes but helps slightly with light pigmentation).
Smells good. (For the fragrance Nazis)
It’s “compact”! This is always in my Beauty Kit that I carry around everywhere with me.

What I don’t like: The sponge that comes along with it. Would recommend everybody to use it with a brush.
Face doesn’t remain matte for as long as I would like it to. (2-3 hours).

Will I repurchase? Not immediately as I have the NELF compact that I received in my April Glamego box.

Will I recommend? Yes, most definitely! (I got it for my friend on her birthday).

And hey, look what I found in my office today J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...