Tuesday 5 June 2018

NYKAA HAUL

(Taking pictures for the blog has me frequently doing squats. I am on my way to toned glutes and calves)


As I got back home from a birthday party, I saw the Nykaa box lying on my coffee table and immediately set to work. (AD had made a shopping haul request and we try our best to oblige our readers’ requests).

I love green and look at the products, they are all green! Tadaaa....


Most of my online purchases would rarely constitute a haul as I generally purchase only what I require and my purchases are never on a whim. But this time I went crazy. Oh yes, I did and I bought five (you read that right, FIVE) items. You wouldn’t be rolling your eyes if you knew me well.

I purchase almost all my skin care and makeup products from Nykaa. I visited the site with the intention of purchasing just neem oil and over a period of one week, added 4 more items to the cart.  (I had to wait for Glamego to announce their June products as somehow the Glamego box always ends up having a product similar to my recent purchase).

I shall post a detailed review of each product once I’ve used it for a considerable period of time. Here’s a quick look at my purchases.

1.      KAMA AYURVEDA-ORGANIC, COLD PRESSED NEEM OIL


Quantity: 200 ml
Price: Rs. 795/-
I’d seen a review of this product on YouTube long back but refrained from buying it as I am not comfortable applying oil on my face. (I have super greasy skin). The last week Shugu couldn’t stop raving about this product and though she has a different skin type from mine, I went ahead and purchased this product.

Now, there are cheaper neem oils available but I love this brand and was keen on trying this one. If it doesn’t suit my skin, it can also be used as a hair oil or body oil. There are great reviews of it online as a hair oil.

2.      IT’S SKIN - POWER 10 FORMULA VC EFFECTOR FACIAL SERUM


Quantity: 30 ml
Price: Rs. 950/-
It’s Skin is a popular Korean brand and this has been on my wishlist for quite some time. I got a 15% discount on this item and I promptly put it in my cart.

I have wanted a Vitamin C product but as I have acne prone, sensitive skin, I have refrained from purchasing products with Vitamin C. A quick research on the net revealed that this serum is milder as compared to other Vitamin C products and hence ideal for sensitive skin too.  

3.      ORGANIC WELLNESS HEAL - AMLA C+(VITAMIN C SUPPLEMENT)


Quantity: 90 capsules
Price: Rs.269/-
I believe that prevention is better than cure. With the onset of monsoon and with all sorts of infectious bacteria and virus floating around, I bought myself this Vitamin C supplement. I usually take only physician prescribed supplements but hey, I was on a haul spree ;).

This supplement claims to boost immunity, reduce stress, enhance digestion and purify blood.

4.      ACNES TREATMENT POINT GEL


Quantity: 10 gm
Price: Rs. 225/-

I got the Acnes facewash in the May Glamego box. (I haven’t used that yet). Acnes is a Japanese brand and apparently is the leading acne care brand there.

It was either this product or the Nykaa Tea Tree Oil. I chose this. I hope this product works.

5.      NYKAA MATTE NAIL POLISH –KEY LIME SLUSH



Quantity: 9 ml
Price: Rs. 199/-
 I’ve said this earlier; I love Nykaa’s range of nail polishes. I have tried their matte nail polish and love it. I can’t wait to try this one and put it up on our next instalment of nail polish colours. Here’s a sneak peek of what the colour looks like.

(Skip has instructed me to inform the readers that this is not his pudgy finger. He doesn’t wear nail polish as he’s a boy)

And that was my “haul”.

P.S: I set to “work on this post” IMMEDIATELY after removing my makeup. I shall write a post on my makeup removal routine soon.

P.P.S: A day after I wrote this post, the Nykaa nail polish fell from my cupboard and broke, splattering neon green across the flooring and my feet. And I never even got to use it L  


1 comment:

  1. Hi.Thank u for ur haul. I feel very glad that my requests are being promptly addressed.��
    sd/- AD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...