Monday 23 April 2018

BELLY BOX - APRIL,2018



Sheer anguish!

That’s what I feel when I have to click pictures of the Belly Box.  Imagine having all these goodies lying in front of you, ready to be eaten and you are precariously balancing on your dining table trying to capture a good picture, avoiding the harsh light that’s reflecting off that buttery, glossy Danish Pastry and at the same time trying not to get drool all over the food!  
(I couldn’t help but pluck a chunk off the corn bread and eat it before I started clicking)
For information on the Belly Box, please check our post on the March Belly Box.

Here is the list of goodies in this month’s box:


I got the box on Friday and I’m already down to the last item. I’m typing this post as I munch on the Lemon Semolina Cake.

1.      CHEESE AND JALAPENO CORN BREAD


The Bread has cheddar added to the dough and is recommended to be slightly warmed and eaten with a dab of butter or with soup. If you bite into this bread expecting rich flavours, you will be disappointed. The bread is light and the flavours subtle. The streaks of cheese and the slight heat of the Jalapeno leave a good aftertaste in the mouth. I had my share with soup and enjoyed it.

2.      COCONUT MACAROONS


This is why one needs to follow instructions given in the guide. The cookies are to be stored at room temperature. I had kept them in the fridge and ate them immediately after taking them out. Firstly, I am not a big fan of coconut and secondly, the cookies had hardened in the fridge. I didn’t enjoy them so much. My mother on the other hand likes coconut and she had it, once thawed. She loved the macaroons and said they were chewy and melted in her mouth. Oh, well...

3.      DOUBLE CHOCOLATE TORTE


This is a flourless chocolate cake making it gluten-free. It is rich and dense and luscious. I warmed it in the microwave oven for a few seconds. The texture of the cake is fudgy and moist but the top is crusty and crunchy and I love that combination. This will clearly be a favourite for all those chocolate lovers out there.

4.      MANGO PASTRY CREAM DANISH


Described as buttery, flaky Danish with a generous dollop of pastry cream and sliced fresh mango. I absolutely love Danish Pastries. I ate this the next day and it was still crisp. This was my favourite amongst this month’s goodies. The edges are crisp and flaky, the centre has a wonderful creamy topping and on that are chopped pieces of mango. Skip enjoyed his pastry too and I managed to sneak in a bite when he was looking away.

5.      LEMON SEMOLINA CAKE


Skip went ‘yummm.....’ went he ate this. He was also excited to eat the slice of syrup soaked lime with the rind still on it.  Since the cake is made of Semolina (Sooji/Rava), the cake is grainy but is soaked in sweet lemony syrup. If you like lemon flavoured desserts, you’ll like this cake.

My favourites were the Chocolate Torte and the Danish Pastry.

And with that, I am done with the post and all the goodies.

2 comments:

  1. Should read the review with a full stomach ,sounds so appetising, would love to subscribe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...