Friday 2 March 2018

SHABLEM PLUS


Spots and blemishes ruining your selfie?  Filters not concealing that dark patch on your skin? 

Worry not. Here’s the solution:

Eat healthy, exercise and drink lots of water to avoid that acne which ends up as that blemish.

Not doing enough of that? Here’s another solution:

Shahnaz Husain’s Shablem Plus

This cream was recommended to me by one of my friends in 2011. I bought it from a store on Commercial Street, Bangalore. The cream was hard and cakey and difficult to apply on the skin. I had to scrape it off with the back of my nail and then rub it hard onto my face. Though I did see it lightening the blemishes, I discontinued using it for some reason that I don’t recall now. The reason I mention the texture of the cream is because I saw a few complaints by users of this product in this regard.

A few months back I was looking to buy an anti-blemish cream when I decided to buy this cream again. I bought the cream from Amazon but I now see that it’s also available on Shahnaz Husain’s online store.


Original Price on Amazon- Rs. 773.00 currently being sold at the discounted rate of Rs.639.00
Price on Shahnaz Husain’s online store –Rs. 710.00
Quantity: 25 gm
Directions for use: Apply on scars and blemishes at night, rubbing it into the skin. Leave on overnight.
Claims: To provide a smooth and even colour tone, helps to minimize scars and blemishes like dark spots and patches, restoring the natural beauty of the skin.

This time round, the cream wasn’t hard and cakey at all. As you can see from the picture, the cream is very thick and slightly grainy.




I apply this cream, half an hour post application of the Biobloom- Face Radiance Oil.

The cream doesn’t melt and get absorbed into your skin. It leaves a whitish cast as seen on the back of my hand, making one look like Count Dracula minus the fangs. I apply it on the blemishes and around my lips where the skin is slightly patchy. I leave it on overnight and wake up, continuing to look like Dracula.

It is difficult to wash off this cream with just water or even face-wash/soap. You need to use a scrub to wash this cream off. I use a homemade scrub (currently using a mixture of orange peel powder and gram flour).

I’ve been using this cream for more than a month now and I do see the blemishes lightening. I apply this on fresh acne and also on the spot where I feel a bump coming up. I feel it ensures a quick eruption of the active volcano and prevents the dormant volcano from rising.

I am not sure as to why the product is marketed as a blemish cover cream as it clearly cannot be used as a concealer.

The cream has a strong medicinal smell.

In order for the product to work, it is important that you apply it daily.

25 gms may seem like very little product but I can assure you that this tub shall easily last for more 6 months as you need to apply it only on the problem areas and not the whole face. Considering the efficiency of the product, I would definitely re-purchase it and recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. Will recommend for someone with acne prone skin as I have passed the age of' acne'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also helps in attaining a smooth and even skin tone. I would think a person in an age group could use it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...