Saturday 19 June 2021

EGGLESS MANGO SEMOLINA CAKE

 



I wanted to get this mango recipe out while the fruit was still in season.

I already have a recipe for a Mango Cake on my blog. This one is with Semonlina /Rawa/Sooji. I have been seeing recipes/ pictures of Rawa cake all over the internet and wondered what the hype was all about and when I found this recipe (from Love and Flour by Pooja) with mango in it, I thought it was time to finally bake the Rawa Cake.

As always, I scoured the net for different recipes until I settled on this one as this is from a tried and tested blog. While this recipe calls for using Rawa as is, some of the other recipes called for grinding the Rawa into a fine powder. (I didn’t grind the Rawa)

This was the first time I had eaten Rawa cake and I did not like it, it felt like eating mango flavoured upma. I did not like the texture. Would I bake this cake again ? No. I wonder how it might have tasted had I powdered the Rawa.



If you like Rawa cakes, you may try this cake out. It has a mild mango flavour, is moist and crumbly and if it weren’t for the grainy texture, I would have liked it too. Sky, who detests Upma, enjoyed this cake while Skip who loves Upma (he and I have it with sugar) kept feeling mysteriously full , each time I offered the cake.  

For more mango recipes, stay home, stay safe and follow me on Facebook and Instagram (Lucidlucent).



MANGO SEMOLINA CAKE

 

Ingredients:

Semolina (Rawa) – 1 ¼ cup

All-purpose flour (maida) -1/4 cup

Sugar – ¾ cup

Baking powder- 1 tsp

Baking soda – ½ tsp

Butter (melted) – 1/3 cup

Yogurt – ½ cup

Mango pulp – ½ cup

Chopped nuts – 2 tsp (optional)

 

Method:

1.     Grease a loaf pan.

2.     In a bowl, add the semolina, flour, sugar, melted butter, yogurt, mango pulp and mix well. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.

3.     15 minutes into the resting time, pre-heat the oven at 180C.

4.     After 30 minutes (Step 2), add baking powder and baking soda to the above mixture and whisk well. If the batter feels too thick, you may add 1 or 2 tbsps of milk.

5.     Pour the batter into the greased dish. Add chopped nuts on top.

6.     Bake for 35-40 mins or until done.

7.     Done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yummy 😋 yummy 😋 yummy 😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. The texture looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...