Tuesday 7 July 2020

CHICKEN FRITTERS



17.06.2020: Cooking disasters are usually funny in the retrospect. Skip was away at my parents’ place for a week and I ordered chicken for Sky and myself. On Day 4, I was left with about 100 gms of boneless chicken and I decided to make cheesy chicken balls and was beaming, thinking of the slo-mo video I’d be putting up on the blog, of the crispy chicken ball being pulled apart and the gooey, cheese stretching within. As you can see from the name of the post, things did not go as planned.



I had all ingredients ready in the blender and the boiled potatoes and bread crumbs were kept aside. I absentmindedly added the potatoes into the blender and ended up with a mushy, gloopy, drippy mix of chicken and potato. I put my hand in and scooped out the gloop and dejectedly looked on as it slithered down my palm.

 The cheese went back into the freezer. I heated  the oil, scooped a little of the chicken-potato batter with my fingers and since I had breadcrumbs ready on a plate, sprinkled some on the batter for good luck and dropped it into the hot oil. We ate delicious, crispy chicken fritters that night.



CHICKEN FRITTERS

Ingredients:
Boneless chicken (or minced chicken) – 250 gms
Onion (finely chopped) - 1 medium sized
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp
Chilly (finely chopped) – 1
Ginger –garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Potato (boiled)- 1
Bread crumbs – for coating


Method:

1.Add all ingredients to the blender other than the bread crumbs and blend for about 15 seconds until a thick batter like consistency is obtained. 
2.Using either your hands or a spoon, scoop a bite sized portion , sprinkle bread crumbs on it and drop it into hot oil.
3. Deep-fry in low-medium flame until it turns golden brown.
4.Done.

Recipe Notes:
·        These taste best with mayonnaise.


5 comments:

  1. Some misadventures end up being a good experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good content for blogs 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....and thus the chicken fritters were 'invented'.looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. even though i dont like chicken this looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...