Tuesday 19 June 2018

EGG PEEL-OFF MASK


Bob and I love testing DIYs and Hacks. We’ve had some passes and some fails and we are here to share our experiences and also review/test any requests that you may have.  

Bob and I love face masks and are always on the lookout for new homemade mask DIYs and we decided to try one that was all the rage some time back on YouTube.

This one had me literally end up with egg on my face. (Thankfully, not figuratively).

Though I eat eggs, the thought of using it on my face or hair, made me gag, until someone told me to discard the yolk as that was the smelly bit. I decided to try out the Egg Peel Off Mask.


If you can’t stand the smell of raw eggs, you could add a dash of vanilla to the egg and then add some butter, sugar and flour and bake it at 180C and eat it. Or you could add a little cinnamon or orange juice to the egg white and that should mask the smell.

INGREDIENTS:
Egg white (beaten) – 1
Brush to apply the egg white
Tissue paper – 6-7 sheets
METHOD
1.      Brush egg white on your face and stick the tissue paper on your face.
2.      Dab another layer of egg white gently (else the paper will peel) and stick another layer of paper on the face.
3.      Let it dry (30-40 minutes).
4.      Peel off the mask.


What I like:
It’s a homemade mask. So it’s SLS free, paraben free, SLES free, etc..... :D
Non-messy way of applying egg on your face.
Egg whites are good for your face – they shrink pores, tighten skin, control oil production, help in preventing acne, smooth fine lines.
This mask doesn’t hurt unlike most peel-offs.
Face looks glowy once you peel off the mask.
It’s fun!

What I don’t like: Since it doesn’t cling on to the face firmly, it doesn’t pull out the blackheads or fine hair.

Will I try it again ? Yep, I have some extra egg white remaining and prefer using it this way than mixing it with other ingredients and putting that slimy concoction on my face.

Will I recommend? Yes!


If all of this is too much of a chore for you, you can try a store bought peel off mask. We have posted a review of the MondSub Charcaol Peel Off Mask.

If you want to try out a homemade peel off mask but don’t want to use an egg on your face, we shall shortly put up the recipe for the Milk-Gelatine peel off mask.

Please do a patch test, if you are allergic to eggs.

Look what I found in my garden today ?



Could you spot Sylvester ?

*Hey folks, show us some love by clicking on the FOLLOW button on our blog (it's on the bottom right) Thank you!*

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...