Saturday 26 May 2018

Soap Square Crushed Roses Bath Salt/Foot Soak



When I had initially subscribed to the Glamego Box, I got to choose the products I wished to receive. I chose all (including lip pencils which I hardly use) barring Bath Salts. I didn’t really see the point of using a Bath Salt because we don’t have a bathtub at home and even if we did, I didn’t see myself lounging in one.

(I am sniffing the Soap Square Crushed Roses Bath Salt/Foot Soak as I type this post)

I got this Bath Salt in the Fab Bag as well as the Glamego Box. The full sized product comes in a glass jar. I got the sample sized product which came in a zip lock bag. The bag is sturdy enough and you needn’t transfer the contents into another container.



The first thing that ought to be mentioned about these salts is the aroma! (Taking another quick whiff) I use just about a tablespoon for a bucketful of water and leave it soaking in for about 20 minutes and it’s not just my bathroom but also my bedroom that starts smelling great. It’s like pot pourri for the bathroom J. The smell of roses also lingers faintly on your skin if you aren’t using soap or a body wash.

Current Price - Rs. 400.00
Quantity: 140 gms
Directions to use: As seen in pic
Benefits: As seen in pic



The product also claims to be SLS free, Paraben free, cruelty free, 100% Vegetarian, Vegan and with no artificial colours.
I used the first bag only as a foot soak when I gave myself pedicures at home or just needed to soak my feet in hot water after a long day’s work. I’ve been using the second bag as a Bath soak. You could also use these salts to give yourself a manicure. 

I use it once or twice a month and one table spoon is sufficient for a ‘bucket wash’.


As for their claims of it relieving muscle tension and relaxing the body, the product contains Epsom salt that is a natural exfoliant and helps relieve muscle pain. This coupled with hot water and the lovely fragrance always has me stepping out of the bathroom with an intoxicated smile.

When the salts dissolve in the water, you see little pieces of shrivelled rose petals floating or settled at the bottom which may not necessarily be a pretty sight but oh, it smells so good. Even as I was taking pictures of the salt late afternoon, the wonderful smell wafted out of the room and that had Skip exclaiming, “You’re going to bathe NOW!”

I haven’t tried using this as a scrub as firstly, it’s not recommended to use it so and secondly I feel the salts would be too harsh on the skin. I mention this as I had read a few reviewers mention that they use it as a scrub too.

Soap Square also has Calendula and French Lavender scented Bath Salts which I wouldn’t mind trying.

Which one would you like to try?

5 comments:

  1. French lavender :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice review. I always kept thinking what will I do with bath salts since I don't have a tub at home. This is a good idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never bought bath salts for the same reason.
    I just remembered you gifted me my first bath salt !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have tried dead sea bath salts.Worth a try of soap square bath salt in a bucket!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...