Wednesday 30 May 2018

NAIL POLISH - II


1.      Brand- Lakme
Type – True wear Nail Colour
Shade – 504
Price – Rs. 115




This is a glossy pink that has miniscule blue and gold shimmer in it. (Yes, blue!) You can see the blue reflect off the light in the picture above. I always know a product is good when I get a compliment for it. I remember the earlier Lakme nail polishes that used to take ages to dry. Unlike those, this is quick to dry and lasts for almost a week.

Coats- 2
Dried in under 5 mins
Staying power: 4-5 days    

2.      Brand- Nykaa
Shade –  43 (Strawberries N Cream)
Price – Rs. 149 for 9 ml




I got this in a smaller sized bottle of 5 ml in one of the subscription boxes. I prefer the smaller sized bottles as one never really finishes a whole bottle of nail polish. Have you? The colour of this nail polish is peach and the finish is glossy.  Ideal for office too as the colour is subdued.

Coats- 2
Dried in under 5 mins
Staying power: 3 days

3.      Brand- Maybelline
Type – The Blushed Nudes
Shade –  750 (In The Blush)
Current discounted price – Rs. 854



Sky’s aunt got this nail polish for me from the US. I am not sure if this is available in the stores here, but online it’s being sold on Amazon (India) at a steep price! I love this colour. It’s a marshmallow pink but as the colour is really light, you need to apply at least 3-4 coats to cover up the streaks and you’ve got to be careful not to stain your nails.

Coats- 3-4
Dried in under 10 mins
Staying power: 5- 6 days

4.      Brand- Elle
Type –Nail Pops
Shade – 95
Price – Rs. 50 for 5 ml




I was going through my nail polishes looking for the next shade to apply and I found this one in the bag. I didn’t even remember that I had this nail polish. These nail polishes cost less than the other brands but the application and finish is smooth and most importantly do not leave an ugly yellow stain on the nails. The colour is a glittery black and silver.

Coats- 2
Dried in under 5 mins
Staying power: 4- 5 days

5.      Brand- Nykaa
Type –Matte
Shade – 118 (Emerald Isle)
Price – Rs. 199



I love all the nail polishes that I have from Nykaa. This is the first matte nail polish that I bought. The finish is excellent and it has a rich colour pay off. Mamma and Sky don’t like it much and say it looks like I have algae stuck on my nails (Bah!) It also makes an excellent base for nail art.


Coats- 2
Dried in under 5 mins
Staying power: 5-6 days

In my previous post on nail polishes, I had indicated that this one would be on all the pinks that I have but then I got bored of applying pink week after week. Skip has picked some interesting colours for the next post. Watch this space for more.  

Please, Mr.Crocodile, what's your favourite colour?

2 comments:

  1. Strawberries and cream..my fav color.
    DO you buy the nail polish based on the colors around YOU:-)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, I should probably start doing that else I'm always rummaging about the house looking for "matching matching" items :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...