Monday 9 April 2018

The Body Shop - Rainforest Radiance Hair Products for Coloured Hair



I went on a Body Shop shopping spree last Christmas when they had their annual Christmas sales. I had just gotten my hair coloured and wanted to buy a shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair and I saw that their Rainforest Radiance range for coloured hair had a discount so I promptly purchased the entire set- shampoo, conditioner and hair mask.

I like Body Shop products as they are gentle on the skin and scalp and free from silicones, sulphates, colourants and parabens. I’m generally not lured by the fragrance when it comes to buying skin care products, but Body Shop does have some amazing aromatic products.

RAINFOEST RADIANCE SHAMPOO


Quantity: 250 ml
Price: Rs.795/-
Claims to gently cleanse and remove dulling residues for prolonged colour radiance, moisturise, protects shine and also contains UV filter.

Sulphates and parabens in shampoos give that temporary glossy finish, post the hair wash and also deliver that rich lather that we all love so much.

While these SLES free shampoos are good for us, the ones that do not lather at all don’t work for me as I usually oil my hair the night before the wash and the “non-lather” kinds do not get the oil off. Some reviewers had this complaint about this shampoo as well. As compared to a few other SLES free shampoos, this does lather up a bit (though I sometimes do end up having to use it thrice to get the oil off).

The shampoo has a clear and colourless texture. This shampoo is not harsh on my hair and doesn’t leave it looking stripped-off of all moisture or listless post a wash. I do not like shampoos that leave your hair squeaky clean. The lovely fragrance continues to linger on the hair. The frizziness has reduced considerably.

I don’t know if it’s still early to tell but my hair colour is still radiant 3 months post the colouring.

RAINFOEST RADIANCE CONDITONER



Quantity: 250 ml
Price: Rs.795/-
Claims to condition colour-treated hair, prolongs radiance, moisturise and protects shine, contains UV filter.

This conditioner is so thick; I need to keep the bottle upside down just to get the product out. (As you can see from the picture, the cap is broken. That’s because the bottle keeps falling down the bracket as I keep it upside down.) It smoothes out the tangles when I rub it along the length of my hair. Post shampooing, I leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. (TIP: Never wash your conditioner off with hot water. It makes your hair greasy)

RAINFOREST RADIANCE HAIR BUTTER


Quantity: 200 ml
Price: Rs.1095/-
Claims to be a luxuriously rich and intensive deep- conditioning treatment to restore and protect shine and radiance, contains UV filter.

The consistency of the mask is lighter than the conditioner. On the days I don’t oil my hair; I apply this mask on dry hair for half an hour and then wash it off with shampoo and skip the conditioner. I wouldn’t really recommend this product but only because the conditioner is good enough for keeping your hair soft and tangle free.

The only reason I wouldn’t repurchase these products is because the shampoo doesn’t completely get the hair oil off on most occasions. If you do not have the habit of oiling your hair, I would definitely recommend the shampoo and the conditioner. The hair butter feels redundant along with the conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...