Thursday 22 February 2018

KERASTASE RESISTANCE – MASQUE THERAPISTE



The length of my hair keeps varying every 6 months. One moment I have long flowing tresses to my mid-back and then I get a Bob cut. I have been getting blonde streaks for my hair since three years. Two years back I got my hair straightened and then a few months thereafter, got a global hair colour done with blonde streaks. You can imagine the state my hair was in after some time.

As a child, I used to have thick, straight, raven hair. Now, it’s wavy, coloured and not so thick (sigh). Colouring your hair is an addiction. I keep trying to get out of it, but each time I go to the parlour for a haircut, I walk out with streaked hair.

Two years back, post straightening and colouring, I’d been to B-Blunt and after the haircut, I had an array of Kerastase products placed before me – shampoo, hair mask and serum. They applied the serum to my hair and my hair ‘shone’! I beamed and picked up the shampoo, casually turning it around to check the price. I tried not to visibly gulp. I had three pairs of eyes look at me expectantly. (I hate products being pushed on me because I always succumb to it!)
I’ll take the hair mask” said I.

Product: Kerastase Resistance – Masque Therapiste
Price in 2016, purchased from a salon: Rs.3,000/-
Quantity : 200 ml

I was instructed to leave the product on my hair for 10 minutes

I carried the precious tub back home and used it the next day.

My hair was dry and frizzy back then due to straightening and colouring. After I’d shampoo my hair, it would somehow get all tangled and clumpy and be one big knotted mess. My regular conditioner wasn’t helping at all.

I used a dime-sized amount of the hair mask for my shoulder length (towel dried) hair, applying it only on the length of the hair. When I smoothed this product through my hair, it miraculously untangled. The mask smells great and the fragrance lingers in your hair even after you wash it off.  I left the product on for 10 minutes and washed it off.

This is one those products that immediately works its miracle. My hair felt so soft and smooth to touch. It wasn’t knotted, dry of frizzy and it stayed like that for two days.  I used it once a week back then. Now I use it only on the days I have an event/function to attend when I want my hair to be frizz-free and appear glossy. (Yes, I am still using it). A little product goes a long way. 

My hair is no longer in the condition it was, in the year I purchased it and I don’t feel the need to re-purchase this product. Though it does work like magic and the product lasts long, I find the price a bit too steep. For those who have severely damaged hair due to chemical treatments, I would definitely recommend using this product till it smoothes out your knotty problems ;)


4 comments:

  1. Very helpful and will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow @ Price, but I guess since it does the job it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does cost a bomb but is completely worth it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...