Friday 29 January 2021

BLISS BALLS

 



How many of you feel hungry as soon as you wake up?


I do.


Probably has to do with my childhood where I would have milk as soon as I woke up and brushed my teeth.


I begin my day at 6.15am (often earlier as we have the sweetest little puppy in the whole wide world at home who likes waking up early) by having a glass of water with raisins soaked overnight. I go play badminton at 7am and need to fill my tummy before I go play. I would earlier have a cup of milk and banana but I found that it didn’t suit me as I almost regurgitated  it at times when I went swooping after the shuttle cock. I now have overnight soaked figs, dry dates, almonds and walnuts. I’ve found these dry fruits filling, enough to last me an hour. Sometimes I have a tablespoon of peanut butter.




These Bliss Balls are packed with energy and one should last you for a few hours.


I got this recipe from Idil’s Kitchen.


I had many versions of this recipe saved – energy balls, date balls,  vegan balls, no bake energy bites, some even referred to these as no-bake vegan brownies!


Dates help in binding the ingredients. Much as I would like to make these again, I have realised that soft dates make my skin breakout.


I also have the recipe for Granola Bars on my blog. Do go check it out.

 


BLISS BALLS


Ingredients:

Dates – 10-12

Coffee or plain water – 2 tbsp

Cocoa – 2 tbsp

Dry fruits of your choice (cashews/almonds/pistachios) – 2 tbsp each

To coat the balls:

Grated coconut / cocoa/ ground dry fruits or peanuts.


Method:

 

1.   Remove the seeds from the dates. (If the dates aren’t soft enough, soak them in a little warm water or hot coffee).

2.    Add the dates into the blender. Add coffee or plain water, cocoa and the dry fruits into the blender and blend until it all comes together and resembles a chunky paste.

3.     Roll them into balls.

4.     Coat these balls with either shredded coconut/cocoa or ground nuts.

5.     Done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. So simple , delicious and 'good looking' recipe . BTW.....I am always hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...