Thursday 17 May 2018

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing and Mattifying Toner



Are you one of those who thinks a product is working its magic on your face when, upon applying it, your skin begins to tingle? I am definitely one of those! J

I love the Body Shop Tea Tree Range and so far have used their tea tree oil, face wash, body wash, face mask and toner.

Today’s post is on the Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing and Mattifying Toner. First a little note on Toners. With the onslaught of the trend of CTM (cleansing, toning, moisturising) as a daily skin care routine, the once elusive toner has now become a must-have product. Toners essentially aid in removing oil and traces of makeup and dirt that remain even after cleansing your face. A quick search on the internet would also reveal that toners help in shrinking pores, restoring our skin’s pH balance, moisturise, etc...



Current Price - Rs. 695.00

Quantity: 250 ml

Skin Type: suitable for blemished skin

Directions to use: “Apply after cleansing and before moisturising. Shake to activate the mattifying powders and apply a generous amount onto a cotton pad. Sweep across the face and neck.”

Claims:This refreshing toner for blemished skin gives a beautifully matte, shine-free finish, removes traces of make-up, cleanser and impurities and mattifying powders leave skin shine-free.”


I use this toner twice a day post cleansing my face.
It comes in a bottle with a flip cap. I have transferred its contents into another bottle that has a spray nozzle as I find it easier to just spritz it on my face.
If you have used the tea tree oil, the toner is a like a diluted version of the same. It stings a bit while applying but only for a few seconds. If you are spraying it on the face, remember to close your eyes as it hurts if it gets into the eye!
I have very oily skin so even after I spray it, my face still tends to get oily in an hour’s time.
When I use the toner with a cotton pad (post cleansing make up off my face), I do see snatches of make-up on it.
For this product to work best, I would recommend using it along with the tea tree cleanser as well as the other facial care products from the tea tree range. It is best suited for oily skin. Those with extremely dry skin ought to avoid using this product.
If you have acne-prone, blemished skin, you can start off with the tea tree face wash, toner and the tea-tree oil.
I shall post a review on the Tea Tree Body Wash next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...