Monday 30 April 2018

SOULFLOWER ANTI-ACNE SULPHUR SOAP


Image Source - Amazon

Skip LOVES soaps. His Johnson Baby soap lies unused and hardened in the soap dish as he loves using the colourful, handmade soaps that I use. Many a leftover soap bar sliver has “accidentally” slipped from his hands into the commode. “Soap is slippery and I have small hands, now we can use the new soap”



I saw his tiny palms reach for the small square of the shiny black Sulphur soap and before I could stop him, he had thrown the soap back into the dish. “Yuck, what is this dirty, smelly thing?”

If you are the kind that is particular about the fragrance of products you use on your face, you might want to stay away from this soap. When I first bought it, I stopped using this soap in the morning because I didn’t want to be in office smelling of rotten eggs. Yes, that’s what the soap used to smell of.  (I say ‘used to’ because I have been using the same bar of soap for almost a year and am now immune to the smell). The good part is that the product most definitely contains what they claim it does – Sulphur. Recall those days spent at the Chemistry Lab? You would have definitely got a whiff of Sulphur back then and this soap smells exactly like that.

Image Source - Amazon
Original Price - Rs. 400.00

Quantity: 150 gm

Ingredients: sulphur, Lavender, tea tree, rosemary & orange oil, Neem oil, Multani mitti, shea butter and coconut milk

Soap Type : Anti-Acne

Skin Type : oily to normal skin

Directions for use: “cut how much you need, and store the unused soap in a cool dry place. This way you can make your soap last for a long time.”

Claims: “Sulphur dries the skin out and helps decrease the inflammation of pimples and other blemishes on your skin. Sulphur can also help decrease the appearance of whiteheads on your skin by decreasing the oiliness and preventing pores from becoming blocked. Also claims in skin lightening and brightening, skin tightening, suntan, skin regeneration.”

Image Source - Amazon 


As regards the latter claims of skin lightening, brightening, tightening, regeneration, I think they’ve been thrown in for added effects.

This soap lasts long, really long. 

Unused bar

I use it 2-3 times a day and sometimes leave it on my face for a minute before I wash it off.  It does reduce oiliness post a wash and as I have very oily skin it doesn’t completely dry out my skin but those with dry skin may have to moisturise their face.

It does help drying out those unpleasant pus filled pimples but I don’t see any affect on reducing blackheads and whiteheads.

I would have repurchased this soap but there are many other exciting ‘ingredient combinations’ of soaps that Soulflower has and I’d like to try them all. I love soaps too!






2 comments:

  1. I had heard about sulphur in lab...but now in soaps too:)I suppose I should use it as I have an oily skin,thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...