Saturday 31 March 2018

NAIL POLISH - I


There used to be a time when I would change my nail colours every two days and sometimes paint all my nails with different colours. Gone are those days. I now have no patience to apply three coats and then wait until the nail polish dries. I’d rather do more important things in that time like munching on snacks. I don’t even keep my nails long anymore as I always inadvertently end up scratching Skip while bathing him and then promptly blame him for hurting my nail with his skin before he starts screaming (Always works like magic. Scream in agony before your child does!)

But then this blog happened and we needed posts on nail polish and out came all my nail polishes. I have been changing nail colours almost every week and then clicking pictures with any “matching-matching” item that I find lying around and bombard my WhatsApp group with these pictures.   

I have a few favourites and some not so favourite colours in my collection. Today’s post is on some of my favourite colours. I like these because of their good colour pay-off; they dry quickly and do not smudge or crease during the course of the day.  

The number of days mentioned in ‘staying power’ would indicate the number of days until it starts fading at the tips. As I keep my nails short, my nail polish doesn’t chip soon.

1.      Brand- Elle
Type - Nail Pops
Shade – 61
Colour – Green
Price – Rs. 50


Such a bright pop of green! In the first stroke itself, the nail polish gives a rich colour pay-off. The finish is smooth and glossy.  I absolutely love this shade of green. I bought a few of these nail polishes for my friends and the other colours too appeared intense and glossy. (Those reading this post, kindly do share your nail pictures in the comments section and mention the shade please.)
Coats- 2
Dried in under 20 mins
Staying power: 3-4 days       

2.      Brand – Sugar
Type - Tip Tac Toe (Pro)
Shade – Bold as Brass (39)
Colour – Metallic Brass
Price - Rs. 299/-


This is my ‘go-to’ nail polish for those last-minute party plans. The minute I’m done with the last finger nail, the paint would have dried. There have been times when I’ve applied this nail polish in the car too. It doesn’t mess up the side of your finger nails and the consistency of the paint is just right for easy application. However, on the downside one coat of this nail polish lasts only a day, but the formula is such that you can apply it over your faded nail polish and it doesn’t look uneven.
Coats—1
Dried in under two mins
Lasted  1 day

3.      Brand – Nykaa
Type-Cookie crumble
Shade– Mint Choco-chip (189)
Colour- Mint-green with black flecks 
Price-  Rs.199/-


I love this nail polish. The colour looks so posh on the nails. It does look like nail polish with crushed oreo cookies in it. However, on application, the finish is smooth and not gritty. You definitely need three coats for an opaque finish. The nail polish lasts forever. The only con would be getting the nail polish off due to the grits in it which makes it difficult.
Coats- 3
Dried in under 20 mins
Lasted- 7-8 days

4.      Brand – Sugar
Type- Tip Tac Toe (Classic)
Shade- Cookie cutter (06)
Colour- Medium brown
Price -Rs. 199/-


This is a nude shade. My grandmother is currently using it and she would recommend it to those in her age group as well. Two coats would have given it a better finish. It has a glossy on application. (I had applied this shade along with blue for Holi)
Coats- 1
Dried in under 10 mins
Lasted- 3-4 days

5.     Brand- Colorbar
Type-Luxe Nail Lacque
Shade-White Maze (37
Colour – White
Price - Rs. 250/-


This is a matte white. I was initially a bit apprehensive about buying this colour thinking that the white would be streaky or the colour not intense enough but as you can see from the picture, it has an excellent colour pay –off. This range of nail polishes from Colorbar has a wide and wonderful collection of unusual  colours.
Coats – 3
Dried in under 10 mins
Staying Power – 6 days

   My next post on nail polishes shall cover all the pinks that I have. J

2 comments:

  1. The colours on the nail is as interesting as the review.Loved the ' staying power ' and the time it takes to dry.Waiting to see and read about the " pinks"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...